S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) is an algorithm built into hard drives/SSD, which discovers faulty areas and predicts impending errors on the disk. When the SMART failure predicts on the hard drive, this may be an indication of disk failure. The presence of more defective areas, increased dimmer temperature or other environmental conditions sometimes results in a SMART error. You are faced with cases such as the inability to access the drive data, the system no longer detecting the drive, etc. due to a SMART error, it is suggested to protect your data from disk/SSD failures and solve the problem.fix S.M.A.R.T. Hard Drive Error.
How to fix SMART error?
- Click the Start button and go to Computer
- Make a right click on your hard drive
- Click Properties
- Select Tools and choose Check Now
- Check the box next to Automatically Correct File System Errors
- Check the box next to Search and try to recover the faulty areas
- Click OK and restart your computer when it’s finished
You may also experience a SMART error on Mac systems when you try to install OS X, so you won’t be able to complete the installation process. So, to correct the SMART error on Mac, follow the steps mentioned below. fix S.M.A.R.T. Hard Drive Error .
- Insert the Apple Restore disc
- Start the computer and hold the C key
- Release it when the grey Apple logo appears
- Now the language selection window appears
- Click on the arrow pointing to the right
- Highlight the Use English as the Main Language option
- Click Utilities in the next screen and choose Disk Utility
- Choose the hard drive listed in the left navigation panel
- Finally, press the Repair The Disk button
- Restart the computer once the process is complete
How to recover data from drive after SMART error?
- Connect the SMART-error disk /SSD to a functional Windows PC
- Run Yodot hard drive recovery tool using Download Now
- Choose Partition Recovery and select the connected drive from the list
- Click the All Mark / Ignore button and click Next
- Mark the data you need to retrieve in the File Type view or the Data View
- Save restored data safely on the computer (not on the same drive)
If you have a problem with any kind of apple issues call our toll-free number (+1)-855-834-2053.